I was chewing my food when I accidentally bit my gum all the way inside my mouth at the bottoms left hand side, if you don't know what I'm talking about then put your finger in your mouth where your left cheek is and go back until you hit something then go all the way down until you can't. Anyways, that's where I bit myself and my gums opened and when they opened like a little cut, I saw a tooth in there and I'm not sure if that's my wisdom tooth or not btw I'm 14 and really scared about this situation, please help me figure out if that's my wisdom tooth and what should I do along with some problems (I.e. If you don't get that checked out you could get an infection, etc.)

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - March - 2014, at 08:51 AM

• Normally wisdom teeth come at the age of 18-25 years but there is no hard and fast rule and they can come in early also. Where you bit and gum is open, if there is any pain or swelling then you need to worry otherwise maintain good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and be careful to not to eat from that side for couple of day. If wisdom tooth is not coming in then that cut will heal itself but if you have pain and swelling then you should schedule an appointment with your dentist. for more info on wisdom teeth you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation