For weeks ago I had a molar pulled & a dry socket formed .Two days later I returned to dentist were he cleaned out socket & put a plug ,as he called it into the hole.I went home & the next day I felt the plug cum out so I went back to dentist & he cleaned it out & scraped around in the socket to make it bleed again & then put some kind of medicine into the socket .He said that should fix it . A week later it still looked the same & the pain was still there. I returned to dentist were he performed same procedure as last time & sent me home & said, that was all he could do. I need to know if there is anything else that can be done because i still have hole in my gum & still having pain? please help!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - February - 2013, at 10:06 AM

• If dry socked is formed then this is the normal procedure which is done to treat it. Dry socket is there because of the dislodgement of the clot . That is why dentist induce the fresh bleeding and give the dressing It takes time for the dry socket to heal. You can wait for some time. Slowly the socket will heal but if the pain deteriorates then you have to go to the dentist. for more info on dry socket you can visit the following linkhttp://www.identalhub.com/dental-dry-socket-treatment-937.aspx

Free Dental Consultation