Two whit hard bumps on my gums on the inside under my tongue. What could it be? I smoke and chew. I don't chew often tho.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - September - 2012, at 03:08 AM

• You are probably suffering from canker sores.Canker sores are small ulcer craters in the lining of the mouth.They are frequently painful, recurring and sensitive.No exact cause is known for canker sores.There is no treatment for canker sore and there is no treatment to stop the recurrence but there are ways to ease the discomfort. For that one can avoid irritating them. If the denture are causing irritation then that can be adjusted, if sharp teeth are there they can be rounded off. You should stay away from the spicy food. You can apply benzocaine ointment which can numb the area and there is temporary pain relief. Some times taking vitamin B 12 , folic acid and iron also helps. Using antiseptic mouth washes also helps. You can do rinses with that and it helps in healing and chances of secondary infection decreases. There is no specific treatment as the canker sores are self healing. They heal with in 7 to 10 days.

For more info,you can visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_canker-sore-234.aspx

Free Dental Consultation