I am 76 years old and have had crowns on my 6 upper teeth for over 50 years, result of eating lemons while pregnant. One of my crowns came off and the tooth had broken off in it. A small amount of tooth left and dentist are wanting to either do implant or root canal............at this time, all my 6 crowns need replacing as the black is showing at gumline. The prices for both bridge and implant is are outrageous and I am not in position to pay. My question is can I have all crowns replaced and something done to replace the broken one without implant, bridge or root canal. Thanks for your time.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - June - 2015, at 20:29 PM

• If you want to replace all the six crowns and the tooth which is broken, is adjacent to these crowns then you may go for root canal treatment and above that with post and core, you can save this tooth. For the support adjacent tooth can be used which also needs the crown replacement. Nothing can be done without root canal treatment as you say that substantial amount of tooth structure is lost. The proper treatment plan can be given after clinical examination, history and seeing xrays. So schedule a visit to your dentist and discuss the options with your dentist. For more info on Root Canal treatment you can check the following link in our website having good info RCT .... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation