Hi, my bottom right tooth had an old cavity. My dentist said that it looked like it needed to be refilled. So she put an onlay on it. I never had problems prior to this but now everytime i bite it hurts. i went one more time to the dentist to adjust my bite and she said she did. but it still hurts so she suggested i go again to do the same thing and if it doesn't work it means i need a root canal. Is is the dentist fault that i would need a root canal, i didn't have any pain at all before now i can't even chew on that side. please help.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - May - 2012, at 00:31 AM

• It is a common sign to experience pain after filling but the pain is temporary and should go in  a day or so. I would suggest you to go to a dentist and get an Xray done to see whether the infection has spread to the root or not. If the infection has embraced nerves than RCT is the option but if the tooth is still in healthy condition than there might be other reasons of pain like tooth sensitive to filling material.

Sometimes due to underfilling there is left  a gap inbetween the treated teeth due to which the food gets packed there by causing pain.

For more info on pain after filling and how to treat it you can visit....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-types-of-tooth-pain-after-dental-filling-814.aspx

Free Dental Consultation