I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed exactly a week ago, and since then, I have had this bad taste in my mouth that is coming from the holes. The taste has been bearable, but today (the 7th day) it is awful. it tastes like I threw up all the time. I brush my teeth and rinse, but it wont go away. I can't stand it and it makes me feel sick. Please help?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - July - 2014, at 20:05 PM

• If you have horrible taste after wisdom tooth extraction, coming from extraction sockets then it is possible that the sockets are infected but if you donot have any pain or swelling then this taste can be due to fermentation of food which gets impacted in extraction sockets. Sometimes the meds you consume also give horrible taste. So maintain good oral hygiene and keep doing warm saline rinses 3-4 times day and use some antibactorial mouthwash. If along with horrible taste you have pain and swelling also then consult your dentist. For more info on problems after tooth extraction, you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation