Last September 2014, I got an impacted wisdom tooth removed (local anesthetic, didn't go under. Since then, the tooth right next to the one that was removed is sensitive to cold/hot and pressure - it also aches from time to time. It's not so bad that it stops me from doing my work, but it is distracting and uncomfortable. Could this be caused by my tooth extraction?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - June - 2015, at 07:58 AM

• It is not exactly due to extraction of wisdom tooth. Sometimes when the wisdom tooth is extracted, the tooth adjacent to it gets exposed as the gum recedes and becomes sensitive to hot n cold. But as you say that you are uncomfortable for pressure also, so may be the adjacent tooth is infected also. So for this you have to visit dentist and get this tooth checked. If it is decayed or infection is there due to gum problem then you have get the treatment done and may be you dentist will recommed root canal treatment of this tooth. So go ahead and schedule an appointment with dentist and get it xrays and examined to arrive at exact cause. For more info on tooth extraction, you can check this link in our website..... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation