I had my molar on the upper right side in front of the wisdom pulled maybe 6 months ago and today I noticed a really painful, red, large lump on my gum toward the roof of my mouth, it's really hard, it has a white spot on it, I know it's not the wisdom tooth cause I also had that pulled months ago, it's really painful to the touch and by doing some online research I saw where some people had similar problems had tried to pop it well I tried it and now it just hurts more. I have no idea what it might be or if it's dangerous, please help.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - June - 2012, at 02:40 AM

• Dont let any white lesions go unnoticed. I suggest you to visit the dentist and get a biopsy done. There are chances that you traumatized the  midline of the palate. There is bone in the midline to hard palate called torus and due to trauma it becomes enlarge and is painful. So to get the exact diagnosis kinldy visit the dentist and get an xray and biopsy done....and don't poke the area...For more info visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-gum-diseases-9.aspx

Free Dental Consultation