I'm 19 years old and i have had my wisdom teeth for a while now. My back right wisdom tooth is at an angle, not horizontal. It doesn't have much room and is therefore pushing the tooth in front of it. so far it has moved it slightly off to the side and has not affected any other tooth. I have no pain or discomfort what so ever. The only reason i am worried is cause my dentist is bugging me about it and i do not want to have it taken out. So should i leave it and see what happens or should i take it out?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - October - 2012, at 04:53 AM

• Extraction of wisdom tooth is very common these days. You will find that majority of people have got their wisdom teeth extracted due to  various complications. The most common reasons for extraction of wisdom tooth are insufficient space in jaw for their eruption, improper angulation of wisdom teeth. Angulation is an important factor in decision of extraction of wisdom tooth as improper angulation can lead to many problems,Another reason for extraction of wisdom tooth is preventive extraction of wisdom teeth. This is done with a view that if not extracted, can lead to food impaction behind the wisdom teeth. This is because it is very difficult to clean this area as tooth brush or floss does not reach there. The frequent impaction of food at this place can lead to many problems for the patient.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_wisdom-tooth-extraction-253.aspx

Free Dental Consultation