I'm had a root canal done last Thursday and during the procedure I felt pain when the filing began. I was given more numbing injections but it still didn't help. I was told that one side or the root was extremely sensitive and that the nerve was left but not to worry because the other side or the root was done and that the nerve can't work properly since it's not complete. So I was given antibiotics and was told that after a couple of days I should have no pain by the time I go back to clear out the rest of the nerve and finish the root canal but still have pain when I bite or when my teeth touch when I smile. I've had 2 other root canals with this dental office before and the 1st one was painless besides the normal pain afterwards. But, the 2nd one left me with tears and shaking during the procedure because of the same situation as now and I'm completely afraid and traumatized to go back. I have my appointment a day after tomorrow and I'm thinking of just getting it pulled so I don't feel anything... Why is it hurting me so and what can I do to help me during the procedure to have a good experience as well as my dentist? Unfortunately they don't do sedation.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - November - 2016, at 05:13 AM

• Some times the tooth is very sensitive and the pulp in the canal is very acute . In such cases even local anaesthetic shot does not work. In such cases normal procedure is to leave the pulp put the patient on medication. After some days when the pulp recovers then the root canal is completed. Nothing can be done. The most you can do is take the pain killer before going for the aappointment. This time if you have taken the medicine properly then may be you will not have pain during the procedure. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-is-root-canal-treatment-painful-913.aspx

Free Dental Consultation