I just turned 20 years old. I'm SUPER freaked out about this red area in my mouth on the top palette. It started out as a nasty canker sore, and then turned into like a mouth ulcer. It was really sore and swollen. It kept getting better and better but it's like it stopped healing. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it's still a red area in my mouth and it looks like the skin hasn't grown back there. I'm freaking out because its been there for 3-4 weeks and while I'm probably being a hypochondriac, I'm afraid I have oral cancer or something :( I have never even touched a tobacco product, alcohol, or drugs, and that's what usually causes it. But I'm still freaked out! I should also note that it first appeared when I had a cold. Do you guys think it's normal? Thanks!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - April - 2013, at 09:24 AM

• Normally the mouth ulcers should heal with in 7 to 10 days and if it has not healed even after 3 to 4 weeks then you should consult your dentist. With iut clinical examination it is difficult to give the treatment plan and the diagnosis. Some times there is some irritation which does not let the ulcer heal. So shedule an appointment with your dentist ASAP. For more info on canker sores you can visit the following link......http://www.identalhub.com/article_canker-sore-234.aspx

Free Dental Consultation