I am still experiencing a lot of pain associated with my left front tooth. I went to the dentist and they discovered the nerve was dead. Thursday(sept.13th), I had the dead nerve removed. He put in a temporary crown. I do not get the permanent one until November. I am still experiencing a lot of pain associated with this tooth . Is this normal, since I understood I wouldn't feel anything since the dead nerve was removed. I am taking Tylenol as well as Ibuprofen, However, the pain is not subsiding. I feel stupid calling my dentist since he said I shouldn't feel anything. What should I do? Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - September - 2012, at 00:54 AM

• Pain after RCT is common because the nerve remnants are still inside the canals. Also due to the recovery phase also you experience some pain. You should not hesitate to call your dentist. Though the nerve is all dead but still i would recommend you to get an Xray done to look for any nerve remnants as at times few nerve remnants are still live that might send some pain sensations. Other reason for pain after RCT is infection underneath the tooth. So, my advise for you is to call the dentist who did the treatment and get an Xray done. For more info on pain after RCT visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-pain-after-root-canal--914.aspx

Free Dental Consultation