I've had a toothache for about 4 days and at first it was causing me alot of discomfort whenever it was touched, even slightly it was extremely painfull. the paid has subsided today and yesterday i barely noticed it except for when i clench my jaw i can feel it hurting. I'm a commercial diver and when i was diving yesterday i had severe sinus problem and i could feel pain in the tooth i'd been haveing problems with.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - September - 2012, at 02:29 AM

• The pain you feel is because of what is termed “barotrauma” (baro-pressure, trauma-injury) commonly referred to as a “squeeze.”Squeezes occur when pressures outside the body and inside the body are not equalized.If you are having intermittent or continuous pain in your back teeth, consult your dentist. It is important to be dentally healthy, especially before you dive. Any defect in a filling or tooth can potentially trap air, which theoretically can lead to a toothache caused by pressure changes leading to a squeeze — there's even a specific name for it — barodontalgia (baro-pressure, dont-tooth, algia-pain or disorder). In fact, the first sign of a cracked or fractured tooth may be a pain response to pressure change.Go visit your dentist, rule out any gum disease, tooth decay, cracked fillings or teeth and TMD as a cause of your problem. Consider having a custom diving mouthpiece made or at least a well fitting one that really is comfortable. If your sinus symptoms still persist, see your physician. Medications that shrink the mucous membranes if inflamed, together with a diver's experience at equalizing pressure in the middle ear and sinuses, can prevent these problems. You may also consider having your dentist and physician talk to each other if your problem has not been resolved.For more info on toothache,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-dental-pain-or-toothache-87.aspx

Free Dental Consultation