I have pain in my lower jaw, ear, and neck. After going to my dentist, ENT, and Oral Surgeon my dentist believes I need a root canal. The same thing happed to me a couple of years ago on the left side. After 2 years of going back and forth to the dentist and finally a root canan. My dentist discovered my root was broken and I lost my tooth. Could this possibly be the same thing happening on my right side now. I am currantly on antibiotics until my root canal in 2 weeks. It is very scary especially with my neck glands feeling sore.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - April - 2012, at 22:39 PM

• You don't need to worry. Your dentist must have taken your X-rays and then only suggested you to go for RCT. Every tooth pain doesn't mean that the tooth is broken. If the RCT is done properly followed by crowing of the tooth, then you won't be having any problems. Take care of the below mentioned points after RCT is done:

• Take medications as prescibed by your dentist.
    • In case of any swelling, place an ice pack over the area
    • Do not chew from that side for at least a day
    • Do warm saline rinses for 2-3 days post RCT
    • Though it is advisable to get capping done but in case of no cap don't chew hard from the treated tooth
    • avoid smoking
    • avoid any kind of sternous exercise for 24 hours

For detailed info on RCT, you can click on the link...http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation