I am 66, have always gone to the dentist every 6 months but now I have no dental insurance. Recently, I noticed a space between my lower central and lower lateral tooth (right side)-perhaps it was plaque that fell away-but does not appear to be decay and is not at all tender. However,I am constantly having the inside of my lower lip caught and pinched (quite painfully). Will this cause any type of a tumor on the inside of my lip? And what would the dentist do to alleviate the problem-at the least expense. Thank you.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - February - 2012, at 09:57 AM

• With time the migration of the teeth takes place causing the spacing in the teeth..This is called pathological migration of the teeth. Any type of repeated trauma in a particular area can cause the tumour.so it is better to visit the dentist.He can do the composite built up in that area to close the gap.This treatment is the cheapest one but the success depends upon the amount of gap. The other alternatives are to go for veneers or crowns. These are costlier than composites builtups but these are more permanent options. For more info on composite builtups you can read this article for more guidance ... http://www.identalhub.com/article_when-is-composite-filling-done-in-a-tooth-283.aspx

Free Dental Consultation