A little over a year ago I was hospitalized for 9 days due to a pneumonia. I'm not sure whether I was groggy due to all the medications I was given, but I swear my teeth felt as though they were loose and moving. But then, when I woke up they seemed to be fine and was more concerned with my pneumonia so didn't think about it much. Now, I noticed that my lateral incisors (both left and right of central incisor upper teeth) are now pretty much facing sideways. Also, my canine tooth (upper teetch-right side the one next to lateral incisor)seemed to be more exposed. I mean, I've had a lot of dental work done when I was 15 to 17 yrs old (i'm now 47 going 48). Anyway, it's either my gum is shrinking up (seem higher) because the dental work I've had during my teenage years, which is way up almost under the gum are now xposed and I can feel a rough end and now has a crevice which used to be I guess used to be under the gum. Please help me or direct me to some affordable dentist or I want to volunteer for study (for I have no dental insurance). All of the work done in my teeth were done by dental students at a dental school. Hoping you can assist me in my need or give me direction. I want to take care of my teeth for I came from a family with history of stroke and heart attack. Thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - April - 2012, at 09:58 AM

• it looks like that you need to get lot of dental work done. Ideally you should visit the dentist after every 6 months and get the professional cleaning done and if needed the restorations has to be changed. Any way now go to the dentist and if you do not have the dental insurance you can go to the dental school where the dental work is done by the students and is very cheap.

Free Dental Consultation