I had my wisdom teeth removed two days ago. The gauze out on my surgical area had strings attached that were hanging out of my mouth. At first, I had what appeared to be tiny blood stains where the strings were hanging out of my mouth, but now there are two tiny cuts on the outer corners of my mouth. They aren't very painful, but very dry and annoying. Could this be irritation from the strings on the gauze, or is this something I should be worried about? Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - August - 2013, at 20:40 PM

• These cracks are there due to procedure of surgical extraction as sometimes mouth has to be stretched open to get the proper access for the extraction. So there is nothing to worry about. This heals itself. Put something moisture that area and donot irritate it and it will heal itself. This is not because of overhanging strings from the gauge piece. for more info on do's and don'ts after tooth extraction, you can check this article. Do follow all the aftercare instructions given by dentist... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation