About a month ago I had a root canal in my top #3 tooth and had a temporary crown placed it was sensitive a bit sore then this week had alot of pain went back to the dentist and told him of the pain and he put the permanent crown on despite my telling him of the pain. Now the pain is worse and my face is swollen on that side and cant hardly eat. what should I do, I went to the urgent care yesterday and the Dr put me on Keflex and vicoden for the pain but the pain isnt any better so am taking ibuprofen for the pain. I cant reach the dentist back to tell him its worse.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - April - 2012, at 10:20 AM

• If after a month of root canal treatment you have pain with swelling then that means the tooth is infected. Immediately after the root canl treatment there can be pain as the tooth takes some time to settle down but  this pain goes with in a week. In your case it looks like either the infection is there or the root canal treatment is not done properly. Along with pain killers you have to take antibiotics and visit your dentist, may be you have to go for the re- root canal treatment. For more info on re root canal treatment you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation