I have extracted my lower left wisdom tooth for 2 years. A week ago,i notice a deep cut on the gum and saw like a tooth is growing.eating on the side is impossible as its painful.there is no pus on the gum except the cut and pain.what cause it and what should i do.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - November - 2012, at 04:13 AM

• The deep cut at the extraction site near the adjacent tooth might be an area where plaque accumulates. If that is the problem, it is because plaque is an irritant to the gum tissue which would cause the deep cut and the  pain that you mentioned. The longer the plaque accumulates there, the more extensive the problem will become.It would be a good idea to have a thorough cleaning to remove these deposits before they cause periodontal disease.It is difficult to give a definite diagnosis without clinical examination.So,visit your dentist to discuss the treatment plan.In the meantime,maintain good oral hygiene.Do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation