I had a upper left tooth pulled. I think dentist said it was superior numeral molar. It had came in beside another tooth through the roof of my mouth. A piece had broken of and eventually it became painful. It has been almost two weeks and it isn't healing. The hole is getting bigger and is very tender. I think there is either tooth or bone pertruding from my gums. Had a small piece of tooth or bone come out of the hole last night. Have a funky taste andy breath is rank. Took all my antibiotics and have been rinsing with salt water solution. Why is it not healing?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - March - 2012, at 07:54 AM

• Some times there is an extra tooth which is called the spernumerary tooth. If it is near the molar then it is called as the para molar. If it is causing some problem then it is pulled out . If itis broken during extrction then you have to get the fractured part pulled out too. Otherwise it will be causing the infection in the socket. For more info on supernumerary tooth you can visit the following link..http://www.identalhub.com/dental-causes-and-treatment-of-supernumerary-teeth-740.aspx

Free Dental Consultation