Hello, i had a tooth bonded because of a chip. However, it has fallen out and I still have the part. I am unable to get to the dentist tonight and have an interview in the morning. Are there any quick fixes so that I can get that chipped part back on without it falling off?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - December - 2012, at 21:53 PM

•  If the bonding is placed near the incisal edge of a tooth it can chip or crack. This chipping can mar the esthetics of a restoration and at that point a dentist has the option of replacing the entire restoration or just repairing the chipped portion.When the pre-existing filling is in good shape, but is marred by the missing portion, a repair often is the most affordable and easy solution. Although additions to pre-existing composites may not have the same bond strength as an initial placement, they can provide a durable solution when properly performed.Nothing can be done to repair chipped dental bonding at home.Visit your dentist as soon as possible For more info on composite bonding you can read this article in our website.... www.identalhub.com/article_procedures-for-smile-makeover-147.aspx

Free Dental Consultation