i have a two year old .... i have her for a week and she brushes her teeth twice a day but she is gettin cavities ...i really cant afford to take her to hear yea they need to be fill...i have to many bills as is ..... what can i do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - September - 2012, at 02:28 AM

•  

Don't ignore your child's teeth as if their teeth are allowed to decay, the child will not only suffer from pain but also inability to eat which in turn could lead to lifelong eating disorders or poor nutrition..Also,the stigma of blackened stumps and bad breath can lead to serious teasing at school and at play which could effect the child’s social development.You must consult your dentist as soon as possible for proper clinical examination and treatment.

To save the teeth from decay, the best thing is to make the teeth so strong that bacteria is not able to cause decay and that can be done if fluoride is applied.Fluorides are used in toothpastes, mouth rinses, topical applications, for desensitizing teeth, remineralizing decay, and as a dietary supplement in children.

Free Dental Consultation