I have been having pain in my left lateral incisor in waves. It won't hurt at all for a couple weeks then the pain will come back for about a week then go away again, but it always comes back. These waves of hurting/not hurting have been going on for a few years now; however the time that it does not hurt is a lot longer than the times that it does hurt. The pain is tolerable but uncomfortable. It is also very sensitive to hot things, not so much with cold things though. When I brush my teeth, the pain will go away for 30 minutes or so but then come back. I have had a cavity filled in this tooth before a long time ago. What is causing the pain and what can I do to fix it? Thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - February - 2012, at 10:58 AM

• Some times after composite filling the senstivity is there which is not continuous . You can go to the dentist who after doing the clinical examination can give you the correct diagnosis. There is a possibility that there is some microleakage which is causing the pain. If it is so then get the tooth refilled. If the cavity is deep then you have to go for the root canal treatment. With out clinical examination and X-rays it is difficult to comment on the condition. for more info on pain after composite you can visit the following link...http://www.identalhub.com/article_disadvantages-of-composite-restoration-293.aspx

Free Dental Consultation