Hi I've had my braces for about 10 mths now and I knew my wisdom teeth were coming up but they are so far back I can't see them that well. I brush my teeth as far back as I can. Recently my back right wisdom has been sore so I grabbed a mirror to check it out. I asked my boyfriend to have a look for me too and he said it was rotting. I had a look and he was right!! I'm amazed my orthodontist didn't mention this to me and now I'm worried about what to do as I have braces and will this affect my treatment? I should get the rotting wisdom pulled out shouldn't I. I hate the thought of even thinking its there :( please help me!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - November - 2012, at 23:34 PM

•  

Depending on certain factors, such as age and development, sometimes wisdom teeth, if left alone, can adversely affect ortho(braces) treatment; it can cause your newly straightened teeth to mis-align after you have finished treatment. Removing them can be a good idea and  you do not have to worry about any complications they would cause down the road.
    The adverse effects mid-treatment would be recovering from the extraction procedure itself; wisdom teeth extractions can sometimes take a little longer to heal, but even then usually within a couple of weeksyou will feel okay.
    For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation