I whitened my teeth with Crest White Strips Professional Effects and after just a few days I stopped they started developing a yellow color and are now yellow again. Why does this happen so fast? Is it my own health problem? Or crest white strips problem? I don't drink much tea or coffee though I have consumed some these few days but it shouldnt have such a large effect. I brush them day and night with a whitening toothpaste but they just get yellower and yellower each day.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - May - 2012, at 00:09 AM

• The strength or concentration of whitening agent in crest whitening strips is much too low to have a substantial effect. They also don't cover enough surface area to do a good job and do not get interproximally. And your saliva serves to inactivate and dilute the action. Try bleaching trays with prescription strength bleach (22% carbamide peroxide) or pay for an in-office powerbleach like Zoom or Brite-White. And be careful not to create microporosities in the enamel; this will damage your teeth....For more info on tooth whitening methods you can visit the link....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-are-popular-teeth-whitening-options-595.aspx

Free Dental Consultation