I am experiencing unbearable gum pain. I am seeing an orthodontist for Invisalign, who referred me to an oral hygienist, but my appointment isn't for a couple weeks. I came upon a product online called OraMD which is a little pricey for me, but I'm willing to pay if it will prove effective. My question is in two parts. Should I order the product or something else, and what can I do in the meantime to alleviate some of this excruciating pain? Please help!

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 11 - March - 2012, at 09:16 AM

  • First of all you have to find out the cause of the gum pain. As you are referred to the dental hygienist that means you have poor oral hygeine with deposit and your dentist wants you to get the SCRP done which is basically the cleaning the teeth to make the gums healthy. If you use some product that will give you the releif but it will be short term as with out remoing the cause you can not get permanent results. So you have to get the SCRP done. Mean while you can do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day and use some good gum paint to massage the gums . Maintain very good oral hygeine...http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-treatments-of-gum-disease-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation