I went to my dentist friday with a toothache, unable to have it pulled that day he sent me home with norco and pennisilan, I am in even worse pain now! The pain is so intense I cant sleep, feel nauseaous, hot and cold flashes.... should I go to ER?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - November - 2012, at 22:00 PM

• You can go to the ER, but all they will do is give you tylenol and maybe some antibiotics.For severe tooth ache you can take pain kiler tablet. You can chew clove or put some clove oil on tooth. Sometimes keeping cold water in mouth also helps.Crush a piece of garlic, as finely as possible, to make a paste and add a pinch of salt to it. This paste should be applied directly on the affected tooth, to kill the pain-causing bacteria, since garlic contains antibacterial properties Avoid eating from side of affected tooth and maintain good oral hygiene.Another home solution for severe toothache is a salt water gargle. Doing this will reduce your level of pain .Rinse your mouth out with mouthwash as often as possible. This kills the bacteria in your mouth.Keep away from all sweets when your tooth is hurting.

For more info on dental pain home remedies you can read this article..www.identalhub.com/dental-common-medications-for-dental-pain-651.aspx

Free Dental Consultation