I had an extration a couple days ago of a moler in front of my wisdom tooth on the top righthand side of my jaw. After the extraction I noticed that the tooth had a fair amount of bone on it and I heard a lot of cracking as the tooth was coming out. I got home and was changing out the guaze only to notice that my wisdom tooth was dangling in the bcak of my mouth. The dentist broke that wisdom tooth while prying the other moler out and that was a healthy tooth. I called the dentist and he told me to come back in and he pulled that one out s well. Ater the extraction of that wisdom tooth I noticed quite a bit of bone on that one as well kinda like the moler he pulled out with the bone was helping to support my wisdom tooth. So my question is is it normal for bone to come out with a tooth, in this case with both teeth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - January - 2013, at 09:30 AM

• When the tooth is extracted only the tooth comes out of bonny socket and not the bone as tooth is suspended in socket with ligaments. It can happen only if the tooth is fused with the bone and that condition is called ankylosis of the tooth. But normally in this the tooth breaks and then the dentist has to cut the bone to remove the tooth. So check with your dentist as it is difficult to comment without clinical examination. For more info on do's and dont's after tooth extraction you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation