I'm a 19 year girl.. I am undergoing the treatment of braces from last 16 months.. for the gaps to close (that was due to 4 extraction of teeth, both in upper & lower) and also to make equalize the upper and lower teeth straight.. My doctor told it will take another 6 months to complete the bracial stuff.. I want to know how long it will take for retainers to be worn? And if I discontinue after using 6-7 months, will my upper/lower teeth start coming frontward again & will my teeth start having gaps again?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - September - 2012, at 23:16 PM

•  The retainers are the ones that are going to keep your teeth just the way you wanted them and that is long after the braces are off. For the retainer to be effective you will have to wear it permanently initially. On your dentist’s recommendations, the retainers can be worn only at nights. The actual number of months that the retainer needs to be worn will vary from person to person and how much your teeth need to be aligned in a straight line.Retainers won’t harm you in any way, but, they will certainly ensure that your teeth remain in a straight line and you are able to smile at the world confidently.For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-long-i-have-to-wear-retainer-after-braces-522.aspx

Free Dental Consultation