I need your professional opinion. My very last molar, ( not wisdom) has gotten and infection. (I'm got antibiotics for it). It has gotten infected multiple times and I am on my 3rd crown. 1st was very temporary since I was pregnant at the time. 2nd was done in Michigan and was ill fitting. ( she had to redo all of the work she did on me, including three fillings, admitting she made errors when she did it. And I have since had to have all of her work redone a third time by a great dentist out here in Las Vegas) Now I am faced with a decision on what to so with that tooth. Even with the infection, there is no damage to the crown. It is not hot/cold sensitive and with the indirection clearing up it doesn't even hurt to put pressure, or chew on it. Can I just leave it be? My dentist says I need to decide quickly whether I want to get a root canal or an extraction. I have heard many bad long term effect for both. Any advice you have would be considered and greatly appreciated.

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 13 - November - 2014, at 20:37 PM

  • If the tooth is infected and it is not a wisdom tooth then in my opnion you should go for Root Canal treatment because it is not advisable to leave an infected tooth like this as it is focus of infection. so either get it pulled out or get the root canal treatment done. In my opinion if the tooth is restorable and sufficient bone is there then you should try to save this tooth and for that it is advisable to go for RCT. For more info on Root canal treatment, you can browse the following link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-root-canal-therapy-17.aspx

Free Dental Consultation