4 days ago, my tooth was extracted (lower right 1st molar) well, it stinks and it was black while healing but now its green......and I am in intense pain!! Please help i don't know what's going on as this is my 1st extraction. Thanks!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - November - 2012, at 03:26 AM

• A bad smell after an extraction of a tooth is not uncommon as small particles of food can become lodged in the healing socket and are attacked by oral bacteria in saliva.  This can produce the bad smell.  You need to immediately begin warm salt water rinses for a couple of minutes, especially after every meal, but also at night before bed and the morning.  The cleansing of the socket will allow a quicker healing and prevent debris from lodging in the socket.Crunchy, soft or hard foods can all disturb a normal healing of a tooth socket.  That is why after 48 hours since the surgery, all should begin warm salt water rinses for at least a week.If you are unsure of the healing, make an immediate appointment to have the area evaluated by the dentist who extracted the tooth.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation