My gum located in the back where my wisdom tooth would be is loose and I can lift it up. I can not chew on that side and I am in pain.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - August - 2013, at 09:54 AM

• You have not written whether the wisdom tooth is erupted or not. If the tooth is erupted and still the gum is hanging and painful then that means some gum problem is there causing the pocket formation which in turn is a painful condition. Now for this you have to get the cleaning done in that area and if does not subside then may be the wisdom tooth has to be pulled out. If the tooth is not erupted then your condition can be because of erupting tooth and in that case you have to get the xray done to find out whether sufficient space is present or not for tooth eruption and accordingly treatment has to be done. In th meanwhile you can take some pain killer tab and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day for relief. For more info on wisdom tooth you can check this article from our website from this link.....  http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-wisdom-teeth-47.aspx

Free Dental Consultation