My third bottom molar has become half way covered by my gum four days ago. This happens sometimes so I usually just brush under the gum and it goes away. Those times I am only feeling pain but Ive never looked in the mirror. This time I looked and I couldn't help but be grossed out and try to push the gums back. Since then the gums have inflamed and although they don't cover my top teeth, all my back gums around the last molars are really sore and my throat feels inflamed as well. My parents won't take me to a doctor so I was wondering if there is any way to fix this at home

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - December - 2016, at 04:49 AM

• If this problem is recurring then ideally you should get the wisdom teeth pulled out. These teeth don't help in chewing food and if the gums around it keeps on getting infected then you should pull it out. Till then you can maintain very good oral hygeine and do warm saline rinses 3 to 4 times a day. don't irritate the area and avoid eating from that side. If it does not subside then you have to see the dentist and take the antibiotics for this. For more info on pericoronitis you can visit the following link on our website...

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-pericoronitis-909.aspx

Free Dental Consultation