"I see a registered dental hygienist , I am charged for code 4910 Perio Maintenance. Should I be receiving care from a periodonist. Since I once had gingivitas I was told the Hygienist services could be billed as Periodonist. Is this correct, ethical, legal ???" Source: HealthTap, https://www.healthtap.com/payment?p_flow=0&promo_code=f15&v=13

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 11 - January - 2017, at 00:30 AM

  • If that registered dental hygienist is working with some periodontist and the periodontist has made the diagnosis and referred to the dental hygienist then you can be billed for code 4910 which is perio maintainence

    for more info o perio maintainence you can visit the following link on our website.....


Free Dental Consultation