Tooth on the upper left next to eye tooth had root canal, post, and crown about 10-12 years ago. On my most recent x-rays, the dentist noticed a shadow on my x-ray at the root that wasn't there last year, he recommended I see an oral surgeon. The Oral Surgeon did some kind of x-ray or MRI that came right up on the computer screen. He recommended exploratory surgery to see if the tooth could be resealed, if not, he recommended extraction and a dental implant. I have no pain in the tooth even when he tapped it with his instrument. I don't want to go through an unnecessary procedure and wind up having more problems than I have right now. What should I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - April - 2012, at 04:57 AM

• It is difficult to comment on this with out seeing the case clinically and seeing the X-ray. But if you do not have any problem then you can wait as if you will have any problem even then you have to go for the extraction of the tooth and now also the recommended treatment is to get it pulled. You can discuss with your dentist or you can take a second opinion.

Free Dental Consultation