I had both large molars on bottem right & left removed .The one that was removed first is not healing as fast as the ones I got pulled last week . Instead of the gum closing over the clot like the latest extraction ,it looks like the hole is filling up not closing up . No pain unles I rub the gum under the tooth extraction site . Can you tell me why this would be happening . My dentist looked at it last week and said it was fine . It looks just like it did last week except it is closer to the top of the hole any ideas

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - February - 2012, at 21:57 PM

• healing of the extraction socket depends upon the way the extraction procedure. sometimes during extraction the bone cutting has to be done or it is a difficult extraction. In such cases the healing is secondary not the primary healing. The secondary heai takes longer and it is not with the approximation of the flaps but it is from the floor of the socket towards up. For more info on healing of extraction socket you can visit the following link.....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-healing-of-the-extraction-socket-874.aspx

Free Dental Consultation