I had a filling in my right bottom tooth (5th from front) it was a bit stained so I had my dentist drill it a bit and put white in. This was 3 yrs ago. As soon as I did that it became sensitive. Went to a different dentist overseas (we moved) and she said I needed a new filling. So she did that. Then it became sensitive again, she said my gum had receded and she put a sealant on it. It helped 100percent. Sealant came out 2 weeks ago and it once again felt like my nerve was exposed at the gum line. Different dentist filled it again. It is killing me. I went back 2 was after that filling and she said the only thing they can do is root canal or I can live with it. I can't eat or drink on that side or even brush it. If I touch it with my finger it sends me through the roof. I am in tears. What do I do? I use sensitive toothpaste :(. I am really down.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - February - 2014, at 20:29 PM

• If the filling has not  helped and still  you have sensitivity then may be the  cavity is  deep and in such cases you have to go for Root Canal treatment followed by crown. The desensitising toothpaste is not going to  help you  in such case. So get the root canal treatment  done. For more info on root canal treatment you can read this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation