I am wondering what the condition/disease is called when your teeth become loose and move. My teeth are moving into the roof of my mouth. My cousin has told me that she has the same thing that was diagnosed by a dentist but cannot remember what the name of it is. What is this condition and is it hereditary?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 23 - April - 2012, at 06:07 AM

  • When the teeth become loose and move it is because of the gum disease and this is called periodontitis. In the periodontitis the teeth become loose and they move. The movement of the teeth is called the pathological migration. With out clinical examination it is difficult to give the exact diagnosis. If it is periodontitis then it can be hereditary but the main cause is the poor oral hygiene.. For more info on periodontitis you can visit the following link......http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-periodontitis-903.aspx

Free Dental Consultation