Three of my wisdom teeth have emerged, and because none of them have ever cause me any trouble I am very reluctant to get any of them removed. However, about a week about I got my braces removed and was given retainers (which, who would have guessed are so much worse.) When I take my retainers out, the only teeth to make contact are my front two teeth and my back left wisdom tooth. The top one is pointed outwards a bit, but shorter than the others, while the bottom one has, in the past week, moved up much farther than the others. It makes eating difficult, but is there a chance it will go back down on its own perhaps when I don't need to wear the retainers 24/7? There is still no pain, but it is very annoying.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - October - 2012, at 03:00 AM

• If the teeth have visibly started shifting because of eruption of wisdom teeth then you have to get them extracted otherwise the teeth will become malaligned. If wisdom teeth are impacted, then they can cause decay and crowding of teeth and can lead to failure of orthodontic treatment. When there is not enough space for wisdom tooth to erupt, then the tooth becomes impacted and causes pain which may also be radiating head and neck and causes swelling of jaws and gums. If you have impacted wisdom teeth present, then you can get them pulled out to avoid any complications. Surgical tooth extraction is done in case of impacted wisdom teeth.

For more info on wisdom teeth problems and its solutions, you can read this article....www.identalhub.com/dental-effect-of-wisdom-teeth-on-orthodontic-treatment-738.aspx

Free Dental Consultation