Hello, I am 17 and I haven't been to a dentist in about 11 years. I have been trying to go but something comes up and I think i am afraid to be judged by how they look. I have been drinking tea and i think that is why my teeth are yellow. I brush everyday and thy don't change. I stopped drinking tea. My relatives say it can be genetic. I now have some enamel coming off some of my front teeth. It is hardly noticeable because it is close to the top of the teeth. Please help.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - October - 2016, at 22:39 PM

• If you are maintaining good oral hygiene then it is unlikely that you have yellow teeth at the age of 17. It may be hereditary or you have a condition called enamel hypoplasia. In this enamel is soft and it starts chipping off at the young age. But with out taking proper history and doing clinical examination it is difficult to give any diagnosis.You should visit the dentist and get the exmination done.Nobody judges you. They are doctors and they are supposed to treat you. Delays only will make the things worse. So don't hesitate and visit your dentist. If it is because of staining then simple cleaning or bleaching will help you. For more info on teeth whitening you can visit the following link on our website....

Free Dental Consultation