I think i may have an infection in my jaw. i can not afford to see a dentist as it is very expensive. but i will describe my symptoms as best as possible. It start 3 days ago in my right lower back wisdom tooth (which is completely falling apart) I have extreme pain and pressure when i try to open my mouth (cant open my mouth more than an inch), the tooth is sensitive to touch, when i press on the outside of my jaw below the tooth it is very painful(just as painful as tying to open my mouth) the pain now radiates to my ear and im starting to get a constant mild headache/earache. please answer as soon as possible. cause if its something that is an emergency or a bad infection i need to get to the er as soon as possible.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - December - 2012, at 03:36 AM

• A tender or impacted wisdom tooth can cause pain in jaw while opening or eating.Here are few remedies you can try at home.You can chew a piece of garlic with some salt or place a small piece of onion on the wisdom tooth to relieve your wisdom tooth pain. Place a cotton ball soaked with lime juice and place it on the affected tooth. You can use an ice cube or teething ring and place it directly on the painful tooth for relief. Cloves have been found useful in relieving toothache. Suck on a clove or place a few drops of clove oil on your wisdom tooth. You can also rinse with salt water to get rid of a tooth infection and help cure your toothache. Place a cotton ball soaked in brandy against the affected tooth or take a sip of the brandy by placing it over the painful tooth.

For more info,visit the link http://www.identalhub.com/article_knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation