had my crown broken off at my gum, at the moment it seemed no more than call the office and schedule a appointment, which is not till first of next week, now it feels as if it is becomming absesed, there is a little pain and has started to swell, i have tried to reach my dentist thru the office and after hours and have not heard nothing back. i have 2 antibotics i could take but not sure if they are gonna due anygood or which one i should take till i can get a hold of them on monday. i have keflex750 or amoxicillen 250mg any advice would be greatly appreciated as i dont want to spend the 4th with a sweeled face

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - July - 2014, at 20:17 PM

• If the crown is broken and you have now pain and swelling then that means the tooth has become infected. For this you have to take antibiotics and along with this you have to maintain very good oral hygiene and do warm saline rinses 2-3 times day. Keep the area clean and donot eat from that side. Schedule appointment with your dentist asap. for more info  on tooth abscess you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-abscessed-tooth-55.aspx

Free Dental Consultation