when i rub this very specific area of my gums, in the extreme back where the wisdom teeth are, i get a foul smell. No other area produces that smell. I have rubbed everywhere. I have had some work done (root canal) and have deep cavities in that same area that produces the smell. I have gum disease but under control, I see my dentist every three months for maintenance for last three years, and everything has been going great. He has recommended removing wisdom teeth...gums don't bleed, or hurt, or swell since i began treating my gum condition. What can be the cause of smell and how can i treat it before seeing my dentist for next appointment?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 19 - April - 2012, at 10:31 AM

• As the wisdom tooth area is far back it is very difficult to clean that area and that is why you have the bad smell when you rub that area. You got the fillings and the root canal in  that area and may be that also causing the increase in food impaction.Try to keep that area very clean and do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day. For more info on oral hygiene you can visit the following link..http://www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation