I had an extraction two weeks ago and now have a temporary bridge in place. I have had excessive throbbing pain for an entire week now. I went back to the dentist two days ago and he removed temporary bridge and treated me for dry socket. That was two days ago and the pain has not subsided. It wakes me at night and only goes away when I take a prescribed Ibuprophen 800. It is a constant throbbing pain. Please tell me what to do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - March - 2013, at 08:16 AM

• First of all you have to get the proper diagnosis done. This throbbing pain is because of extraction socket or it is due to some infected tooth. If it is due to extraction socket which has become dry socket, then you have to get the dressings done for the healing of dry socket. Dry socket is a painful condition and it takes sometimes to heal. But if it is due to some other infected tooth then you have to get treatment of inected tooth done which is root canal treatment. So go to your dentist and get proper diagnosis made to get the right treatment. For more info  on dry socket you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-dry-socket-treatment-937.aspx

Free Dental Consultation