I have worn dentures for 12 years. Ever so often they cause sore spots between my gum and cheek(where they connect). I have used ora gel and ambesol gel in the past as well as liquid antacid to cure them. This time those are not working and the spot has opened up into a sore. What would you recommend I use to help this heal.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - February - 2012, at 09:40 AM

• If the ulceration which is caused by denture which is known as denture sore is not healing by using oragel or other medicaments then that means your denture in that area is hurting and is not letting the sore heal. In such cases it is better to go to dentist and get the denture adjusted. the dentist will see the denture and do the selective grinding of denture which will ultimately take care of your problem. In the meanwhile do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and try to keep the denture out of mouth as much as possible so that healing of ulcer takes place. for more info on problems after dentures you can read this article.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-does-your-dentures-cause-mouth-pain-584.aspx

Free Dental Consultation