Hello, I am just wondering when I would be able to play physical sports like tennis or bowling after a tooth extraction? I had my extraction done Saturday May 17, 2014 and it was a simple extraction as far as a I know and to this point I haven't had any major complications. I just don't want to lose the blood clot that is present creating a dry socket which I know is extremely painful. Any information will be helpful. Thank You, Justin

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - May - 2014, at 09:55 AM

• After simple tooth extraction you just have to take care for 24 hours and after that you just have to maintain good oral hygiene. So you can start your physical activity like playing sports. Do warm saline rinses, maintain good oral hygiene, take all prescribed meds and follow all the instructions given by dentist. If however tooth extraction is difficult and lot of bone cutting is required then you need rest for 72 hours and but sports and vigrous activities are to be avoided for 7-10 days. for more info on problems after tooth extraction you can check this link in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-tooth-extraction-27.aspx

Free Dental Consultation