I've been going to the orthodontist since I was 5 or 6 and the first time I met my orthodontist I was sitting in the chair and I opened my mouth and my jaw popped he heard something and he asked me if my jaw popped I lied and told him no. So he gave me a treatment of 5 teeth extracted then expander then 4 braces on top with headgear then all appliances and everything off and I had a tooth in my gum and 5 other teeth that needed removed that were removed then after that I got braces on top within bight blocks now I have top and bottom braces and I will need headgear now I am having a lot of popping in my mouth I am twelve years old by the way. My question is what is this what is treatment how does it feel and any other details for me please everything about it My name is Kara

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - October - 2012, at 23:22 PM

• You have to find out the cause for the popping of the jaw.Popping of the jaw can be due to varied causes including bruxism/night grinding,improper occlusion or traumatic injury.You should visit your dentist who would give you a definite diagnosis after clinical examination and suggest you a treatment plan accordingly.If the dentist determines that bruxism is causing jaw popping and clicking, he/she may recommend a treatment such as nightly use of a mouth guard, along with elimination of certain foods (i.e. caffeine and alcohol) that are thought to cause teeth grinding and jaw clenching.For more info on TMJ you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-the-problem-of-popping-jaws-722.aspx

Free Dental Consultation