I am missing a tooth. This tooth has never grown in since birth. The dentist said its the one right next to my right front tooth. Thing is, i have braces and a gap in the front (caused by the missing tooth) i got the braces to fix the gap. If the braces fixes the gap i wouldn't really care if this tooth never grew in. The Orthodontists says he will put a 'bridge' there but i wouldn't even want to go through the trouble. Cant i just let the missing tooth stay....missing? It hasn't caused me any problems before. Its not even at all noticeable. If i could make the choice i wouldnt get a bridge, will not having this tooth cause me trouble? Especially with my braces? Also, the gap is about the size of a missing tooth.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - December - 2012, at 04:11 AM

• If a  tooth is not present, there are two treatment options: The first is to maintain the site for a replacement tooth, such as a dental implant or bridge. And second, in some cases, depending on the type of malocclusion, the space can be closed and the bite set up with that tooth missing. However, closing the space in that case can often be time-consuming. For that reason, that specific decision will need to be made based on other factors of the case.For more info on gaps in teeth you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-dealing-with-a-gap-tooth-566.aspx

Free Dental Consultation