I had my wisdom teeth pulled about two weeks ago. They weren't fully developed so I really don't have any big holes from where they were. However, on the bottom right there is a SMALL indentation in my cheek right by where the gums are but not where a tooth was. If I stick my tongue back there by the indentation there is a foul taste that comes, almost like a liquid but my guess is that its just saliva that's come across this area. What is it and how do I fix it.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 31 - May - 2012, at 23:28 PM

• MICHELLE, you got all your wisdom teeth pulled and it has been only a month..wait for another couple of weeks...The pain after multiple extractions takes some time to resolve...sometimes the jaw is sore and tender for long time due to traumatic surgeries. If the wound hasn't healed than i would recommend you to visit a dentist. There might be chances of infection and very less but not nill chances of dry socket.

• Michelle

Michelle 30 - May - 2012, at 19:22 PM

• I had my 4 wisdom teeth pulled almost a month ago now. I have still had some pain and trouble eating food. How long should it take until the sockets heal completely as I am 39 years old? Everytime cold or hot liquids hit the one bottom socket there is a pain that shoots to my ear. What can I do to stop this? As I've still had some foul taste in my mouth also and a raw feeling by 2 of the sockets.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - May - 2012, at 01:15 AM

• 2 weeks post extraction, foul taste is due to the saliva from healing area. so, be patient and let your surgical area heal properly. Dont poke that area with tongue, it will cause further infection. Once the healing process is complete, the bad taste will automatically go.

And if you are more concerned than i would suggest you to visit  a dentist and get the area manually checked. Make sure to go to a dentist whom you visited previously....At home you start doing warm saline gargles and don't eat hard stuff from that area. For more info find the link below....http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation