I am wondering about the standard procedure for a dental sedation to remove several teeth on a friend of mine. He is a 63 year old male. He has a heart murmur and is not a candidate for a valve replacement. He needs a general anesthetic to have the procedure done. I'm wondering if you could tell me generally how long you would expect for him to have to wait to get the procedure done. What kinds of appointments will he have to have before surgery? Could you give me a step by step break down of what you would expect the process to be, and how long it typically takes (from initial appointment until surgery)? What are some of the risks? Most doctors I have spoken with are nervous to go take him as a patient, why is that? Any information you can give me on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - August - 2012, at 01:12 AM

• The main reason why dentists are afraid to perform multiple extractions on his teeth are his age plus he is also cardia patient. Multiple extractions are generally contraindicated in such patients. Doctors will first treat for his medical conditions and then come to his dental condition. Till that time he will be kept in non invasive dental techniques like dental filling, fluoride application etc. For more info on dental procedures requiring general anesthesia visit the link...http://www.identalhub.com/dental-general-anesthesia-in-dentistry--936.aspx

Free Dental Consultation